Is Hypnotherapy for me?


Why is it so hard to break a habit when you know that it’s not good for you?


Chances are, you're experiencing a battle between the conscious and subconscious mind. The conscious part of our mind houses logic, rational decision-making and willpower. But that part of our mind makes up only about 12% of our total brainpower, the remaining 88% is ALL happening at a subconscious level.


Behaviour or habit change can be difficult because on some level there is a subconscious motivation to keep it often called a secondary gain.


For example - You want to lose weight, but before you go to bed you eat a bar of chocolate. You may consciously understand that this habit isn’t supporting your weight loss goal. However your subconscious mind (whose job is to keep you safe at all times) says in essence: ‘this makes me feel comfort, safety and pleasure.’


Changing a habit that does not serve your goal

In order to change an unhealthy habit, we have to build positive associations to a new behaviour at the subconscious level first. Make sense?


Using relaxation techniques, imagery and the power of suggestion, hypnotherapy can be used to reprogram our subconscious.


So, what is hypnotherapy anyway?

Many people are curious, but don’t take the next step because they have seen or experienced hypnosis on television or on stage . But here is the thing, hypnosis is a very normal and natural state that we experience several times each day.


Have you ever missed your turn for a frequently visited destination because you zoned out? Been overcome with emotion while watching a film? It is that twilight state right before you fall asleep at night. If you answered yes to any of these then you’ve already experienced a hypnotic state.


People generally come to see me for assistance with personal development goals like increasing confidence, focus, breaking a habit, improving health, wellness, weight loss, stress relief and stopping smoking etc. Whatever the goal, hypnotherapy is an incredibly effective tool to assist with reprogramming the subconscious mind.


Here are some things that are great to know

Hypnotherapy is safe, effective, and can work quickly. However, hypnotherapy is not a magic wand and results won’t happen overnight.


As we all know, it takes around 21 days to create a new habit. Usually between 3-6 weekly consecutive sessions are required to really make results stick.


It’s important to remember hypnosis is a willing state.

You cannot be hypnotised against your will and working with a hypnotherapist is a team effort, which is why it is so important to have an in-depth conversation so that the hypnotherapist can really understand your needs, what triggers a behaviour and really importantly why you want to start and make a change. If you are only 50% ready to start, you will be lucky to get 50% of a result.


Hypnosis is not the same as sleeping

This is a heightened learning state where the body is deeply relaxed yet the mind remains alert. On occasion, a person may drift into sleep (yes it does happen, and I am not offended when people snore. Although the mind may drift, you will still be able to hear everything that is being said to you during the session.


If you want to find out more then please click this link and book a free 30-minute discovery call so you can ask more questions and decide if this is the right step for you. Bookings Checkout | Your Success (yoursuccesssolutions.com)





3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All